Thread: Sports: NFL
View Single Post
Old January 9th, 2018, 08:52 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth
Re: Sports: NFL

@IAmBatman and @Tornado , I know Cleveland is bad, but that 0-16 Detroit team was epic-ly bad. I think the Browns have wrested the long term futility title away from you, but that Safety where Orlovsky ran out of the back of the endzone that ended up being the margin of victory, will forever live in my memory. That, plus the fact that Detroit went 0-16 with a viable Hall of Fame talent at a skill position, makes them the worst single season team of all time to me. Sorry fellas!

@Dad_Scaper , @japes , and @Yodaking As a fan who gets to watch Cleveland at least twice a year (they play my Stillers), I think the biggest mistake that current ownership has made is never once giving anyone a real window of opportunity to succeed. Let me expand. I am a former student at Texas A&M University. In 2002, the school decided to fire the winning-est coach in school history after his second non-winning season of his career (they went 6-6 both times, yes he never produced a losing season as head coach). Since then they have hired a bunch of numbnuts to coach (current coach excepted), but in each instance they gave each coach at least 4 seasons. Why? Because they felt it takes at least 4 years to see if someone is turning a program around, and I agree. The Browns, on the other hand, have done the following:
Chris Palmer (1999-2000)
Butch Davis (2001-2004; he actually made the playoffs)
Terry Robiskie (2004)
Romeo Crennel (2005-2008; 10-6 in year 3 bought him one extra year)
Eric Mangini (2009-2010)
Pat Shurmur (2011-12)
Rob Chudzinski (2013)
Mike Pettine (2014-15)
Hue Jackson (2016-?)

For all his failures, Hue Jackson is the third longest tenured coach in the franchises short history (yes, they have the same name, but the Cleveland Browns I grew up hating now reside in Baltimore). I applaud the fact that they hung with Hue for another year. I think he should get at least one more than that. You can turn over an entire roster in four years. If he doesn't win in year 5? Fine, fire him. But the only two coaches to have winning seasons in Cleveland only got 4 years each. That franchise needs to re-evaluate their hiring and firing philosophy.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez and Stan Lee