View Single Post
Old May 11th, 2021, 08:27 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: Bracket Two ScapeCon Map Contest VOTE

Jabberwock: Very solid. Hills at opposite ends concern me a little, since you could end up with two camps no one wants to leave, even with some cover between. Also not a fan of the high point being 2 spaces, not leaving enough room a dragon or something that's gotten up there to be challenged from even ground.

Chronicles: I appreciate what this was trying to do, but not a big fan of the road not actually being utilized. Visually, and with the distribution of height, I think it might actually be an OK map. I'd probably just like it better with different terrain.

Off the Beaten Path: I like a concept map, but again the road is probably not very utilized here. To avoid armies just pulling straight toward the height, maybe glyphs could be introduced (one in the middle of the road, one between the height on the other side).

Cedrus Drift: Seems fine. Nothing much to comment on here, just a reasonable map.

Desolation: Same as Cedrus Drift.

Frosty Lake: Really interesting mix of road, shadow, and LoS blockers in the thick of the map. Again, there are good dragon perches, and I do wish the road accessed the outer-most height. But it does look quite interesting to play.

Fantasy: This time the 2-hex height is both accessible by road and not the highest point of the map! The central glyphs are interesting, though I do wonder if that would cause the outer lanes to be neglected.

Forest Fire: And here the 2-hex height again accesible by road, and also lava! Not much else to say on this one. Possibly my favorite of this bracket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
Peace Unknown- Not sure it's tournament viable but it embraces the chaotic startzones more than any other map in this pool. I struggle to see the game making it over to the glyphs to be honest, I think the fight will start instantly.
Embracing the split start zone cue was the starting point for this map, so my goal was make something that did that and appeared semi-viable. Depends what the glyphs are, but it could be enough once the step up to the road is taken. Anyway, completely accurate feedback.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13