View Single Post
Old March 1st, 2023, 10:11 AM

Mrcellophane1978 is surprisingly tart
Re: Additional cover rules?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
@hextr1p 's Partial Cover Rules are great. Widely used? Don't think so, but they should be. Turns the entire board into Raelin (except for Huge figures)...
Yea probably the best of the rules. However Jungle trees become really OP if Jungle bonus stacks with partial cover. Personally I would just make all destructible objects the same rules as Jungle trees and be done with it.
Yes this is the set of rules I found and I am going to try it out. While heroscape is simple, some of the rules e.g. extra defence or attack with height, falling damage are beautifully simple and add hugely over skirmish games which don't have such rules. It seems a shame then to have so much cover, as well as the images on the cards showing hitboxes, and then not have additional rules to reference cover.

It makes a lot of sense that if there is any kind of cover partially obscuring line of sight that is higher than the unit, it should provide a defensive bonus. This really helps melee units which are significantly underpowered a lot of the time when trying to close on mobile ranged units. I think the friendly fire rules are overkill though!