View Single Post
Old October 22nd, 2019, 01:25 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: Green & Copper Wyrmlings - Vote & Collaborate

One other idea some people had floated as a baby Charos is make an Uncommon Hero. 4 attack, 4 defense, 4? life, counterstrike or fledgling counter strike, and maybe like 70 points. This would also be a Wyrmling class, but not have Wyrmling Bonding (still bonds with other Wyrmlings). You could do similar for ones made as baby Mimring, Brimstone or other dragons.

@Leaf_It . According to Unit Debate #55 -- The Wyrmlings - white is only slightly above Blue. According to dok, OrcElfArmyOne, Jexix, and Cleon, Red & Black are both B+, White is B, Blue is B-. I think many competitive players would agree that if White was 25 and Blue was 30 then they would fall somewhere between Red and Black in play-ability, or alternatively if Red and Black were both 35 then they would be the same playability as White and Blue are now. There is absolutely no justification for White being worth 35 unless you want to nerf it to a C level.

See this quote of a poll results and especially see the last line was voted overwhelmingly by people (albeit 5 years ago).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
It's time:

I will post results.
As promised. Some people took it as "suggest 1 card", and other took it as "check off anything acceptable to you", but anyway, you can see the general trends.

29 reponses.

Code:
Do you feel that fledgling counterstrike should have a nerf designed to reduce synergy with Raelin?
No.  Raelin with GWs is no worse than Raelin with TSAs/WoA.	24	56%
Yes, counterstrike only on whiffs	5	12%
Yes, counterstrike only on 1 or fewer skull attacks	2	5%
Yes, counterstrike only when at least as many dice show shields as do not	3	7%
Yes, counterstrike only works when rolling a certain number of defense dice	2	5%
Yes, counterstrike only works if you get exactly 1 extra shield	5	12%
Other	2	5%

Aside from the changes above, what differences (if any) would you like as compared to Charos's counterstrike?
No change is needed aside from my suggestion from the question above	4	8%
Maximum of 1 wound	24	46%
Does not work on large figures	8	15%
Does not work on huge figures	8	15%
Situational limitations (only on figures that are engaged at the start of the turn, etc)	3	6%
d20 roll to reduce counterstrike percentage	3	6%
Other	2	4%

What is your preferred statline for GWs?
4 attack, 4 defense	22	76%
3 attack, 5 defense	2	7%
3 attack, 4 defense	2	7%
4 attack, 3 defense	1	3%
3 attack, 3 defense	2	7%

What other changes, if any, would you like to see from the standard wyrmling formula?
World is Icaria instead of Eberron	10	63%
No wyrmling bonding on the card	1	6%
Uncommon Hero instead of common	1	6%
Other	4	25%
So... nothing shocking here. I have to admit I've been intrigued by some of the suggestions lately. A 4 Move, 4 Attack, 5 Defense, Max 1 wound Counterstrike on Whiffs only, ~40 point wyrm does sound very distinctive and Charos-y.

That said, 5M/4A/4D, 35 points, seems to be the obvious starting point.