View Single Post
Old January 25th, 2015, 05:28 AM
Extra! Extra! Read all about it!

DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATHWALKER 1970 View Post
I'm still not finished with the Rainicorn order marker thing...

Okay... You would need to have one set of each colour of order marker.
We have grey from the RotV master set, green from the SotM, blue from Marvel, and purple (we'll call it red) from D&D.
The colours corespond to the colour bars on the stat lines.

So the power could be something like this:

Quote:
When revealing an order marker on Lady Rainicorn, if the order marker is:
-Green, add 2 to Lady Rainicorn's movement this turn.
-Grey, add 4 to Lady Rainicorn's range this turn.
-Blue, add 1 to Lady Rainicorn's defense this turn.
-purple/red, add 1 to Lady Rainicorn's normal attack this turn.
So I could do a little bit of turn planning, and my opponents would know only that I had some of these bonuses during my round.
Turn one, I choose green for some extra movement. Turn two, I choose red, assuming I'll get to attack, and turn three, blue, for some added defense for the retaliation...
It's a power that I feel it better in theory than in practice (also there is literally no reason to reveal a blue Order Marker as defense during your turn is almost useless) mostly because you only have one set of Order Markers and so the grey Order Marker would always be #1 et al. It also doesn't seem to really match any sort of theme other than "these are colored and the rainicorn is colored so it derives power from them". Rainicorn powers seem to be vary between rainicorns but the extent of their chromatic abilities appear to be chromatic beams from their horns. They do not seem to derive any special powers from various colors which makes me not really feel the theme on it.

~Dysole, probably overanalyzing a kids show
The blue defense bonus would have to extend through your opponent's next turn of course.

Just playing around with some ideas inspired by the silly, sometimes over the top, creativity of the series... If these meta/theme ideas are not liked, I won't press on with them. Just thought I'd give it a try...

Last edited by DEATHWALKER 1970; January 25th, 2015 at 01:01 PM.