View Single Post
Old May 13th, 2012, 07:19 PM

personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby!
Personwholives Randomly Updated Customs Thread

I decided to start trying to get down some of my interesting custom ideas. So here is one I came up with, fiddled with a bit, found a figure for, but haven't gotten to playtest yet.

Giermund the Viking Champion
GENERAL = Utgar
PLANET = Earth
SPECIES = Human
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Champion
PERSONALITY = Relentless
SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium/5

LIFE = 3
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 2
POINTS = 65

OVEREXTEND ATTACK
After taking a turn with Giermund, you may place a wound marker on Giermund and take another turn with him. You may use this power only once per round.

RELENTLESS ATTACKERS SPIRIT 1
When Giermund is destroyed, place this figure on any unique Army Card. Giermund’s Spirit subtracts 1 from the defense number on that card.

BIO:
While some warriors are trained to attack and defend as needed, Giermund missed a few classes growing up. His style is more of a "hit it until it stops moving" style. Giermund was taught to hit, hit hard, and keep hitting, no matter the cost to himself, and that is the philosophy he lives (and dies) by. Even after death, he continues to hassle his opponents, making it harder for them to know which attacks are real, and which attacks are phantoms.

FIGURE = http://www.auggiesgamesonline.com/Hu...il_p_1137.html

DESIGN NOTES:
I had debated making the spirit subtract 2, but I thought that might be too powerful (especially in a DK army). At the very least, it would require a raising of the points. (And yes, you can place spirits like this on an opponents card. You just don't usually want to (until this one). Actually, you could probably argue for putting your warriors armor spirit on an opponents krug in certain weird circumstances, but not many I can think of, and most of them are too convoluted to imagine)

You can definitely pull some big attacks if you get lucky. But, he's got a very low defense, so you've got to use him carefully. The bonding options help, though, since he usually won't be taking the order markers directly.

I would appreciate any feedback. The points are a total stab in the dark, but I don't think they're too far from reality. (I'll make a card after I hear some feedback, I think, since I'm almost certain some things will need changed).

TL;DR: I put a lot of thought into my posts. Please read them before responding, even if they seem long. I try to make my posts useful and worth the time.

Like NERVs? Try my new app! - My customs