View Single Post
Old December 16th, 2018, 11:13 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: HelmAverse Supers - TMNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Interesting that they're "Savage". I would maybe reword Ninjutsu, "When a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle attacks with his Ninjutsu Special Attack, he may attack 1 additional time. If the second attack is against the same figure as the first, add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled for each skull rolled for the first attack." Slightly shorter, and avoids the unconventional use of "X equals..."

Believe it or not, The use of "X equals... " is not completely unconventional. I think it started on one of the flag bearers (Sir Gilbert maybe) but may have been used again afterwards. I'm not a huge fan of it myself but it does get to the point and works as clear instruction. Well, now that my kids are at or beyond the algebra age.

As for "savage", I was looking for one word that could describe them all without looking at the personalities that developed in the crayola version of the turtles. Is till remember the very first issue and my friend suggesting I invest in a couple of copies before the first printing ran out. I laughed and ultimately he knew better than me. Who knew.

Anyway, I see the red mask wearing, black and white version of the turtles as brutal street ninjas. The inspiration for "savage" came from here:

I thought that this panel really demonstrated my vision of them on a superhero-scape battlefield.