View Single Post
Old March 25th, 2021, 05:23 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

I'm down with another Insect Hero.

The design is in a good direction, but a few things feel off. "Sentinel" doesn't feel right as the class. It doesn't really match how real beetles act or how they would play given this design. "Bold" isn't terrible, but it doesn't feel quite right either. Good old "Wild" feels like a better fit. The Move value feels too low to make it useful; it feels like without free activations it won't be worth order markers, but I could be wrong.

Pincer Toss is a fine idea, but there are a few things I don't like about it. First, this thing is a supremely dangerous lava-dunker. No way to mitigate it; your opponent's figure just dies. There are various ways to get around this, the most notable is limiting it to same-level. Thematically, it doesn't feel right that the beetle and grab it with its pincers without even attacking. Then what does it use to attack with later, or why does that need a roll if the toss doesn't? Otar's Gore and Toss can work as a good model here, perhaps with the auto-wound chance tacked on since the repositioning alone isn't nearly as useful without bonding.