View Single Post
Old January 17th, 2021, 02:30 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: [Pod 0] Ozuul (Eldrazi Ruiner) - Playtesting

Map: Ticallan Tower https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...fruXgV5TA/edit

Army 1: 260 Honor Guard of the Blasted Lands x4
100 Himmelskralle
90 Warden 816
50 Marro Warriors

Army 2: 190 Ozuul
160 Nhah Scirh Cultists x2
120 12th Caucasus Rifle x2
30 Guilty McCreech

Which units survived?

3 Marro Warriors and Warden with full health.

I opened by developing my cultists and Russians, while Shiftrex advanced his Marro Warriors and slow rolled his Honor Guard. After tying down some marro with cultists, I used my russians to kill three of his Marro, but one was able to escape back to safety. Early grenades on honor guard clusters were largely unsuccessful, but when Himmel flew in to attack my back line, she blanked her first attack and then was brought down to 1 life by a lucky Russian turn from height. An initiative switch let me finish off Himmel before she did much damage, and then I advance Ozuul toward the cluster of honor guard. Ozuul took out several honor guard using Gravity Pull and Crush, but was ultimately overwhelmed and died after an initiative switch, wasting several OMs on him. If I had won that initiative, I would have been able to roll for gravity crush against four additional honor guards, but it wasn’t to be. At that point, the rest of the honor guard were able to kill off the cultists before dying to guilty, who then died in a shootout with the respawned Marro Warriors.

How useful were playtesting units' powers and how often did they come into play?

Killed 2 marro and 4 honor guards.

Any additional comments (theme, balance, fun factor with and against)?

Ozuul felt fun this game. As in all my past playtests, there were several critical moments where I really felt hindered by the 5 movement and needed just one more movement point to reach the height/position I wanted. See comments in the below playtest for my thoughts on a movement increase.

Version Tested
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Captain Stupendous; January 17th, 2021 at 02:50 PM.