Old July 31st, 2007, 05:07 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
Here's the quote from 2nd Edition p.14 that describes destroying a figure:
"When all figures on an Army Card have been destroyed, the Army Card is out of play. Do not reveal any Order Markers that are on that card for that round of play. On future rounds, you can't take any turns for that card."

It doesn't say I can't place order markers on the card, only that I can't take turns with it.
(emphasis mine)

If the rules say I can not take a turn with an out of play card that, to me, means I can not put markers on it.

We already established that you can't take a turn with a dead card. The rules outline the steps of a turn. Step 1 is reveal your order marker. The only exception to having a marker on a dead card is if you lost that unit earlier in that round. There in lies the answer.

It seems to me you are wanting the rules to accommodate what you want them to do rather than just reading them and accepting them as they are presented.

I say no; you can't put markers on a destroyed Thanos card at the start of a new round.
Well reasoned, but it could go either way. I don't care which way it goes ultimately, because as I say it would be poor play to gamble the return of Thanos. I'm just saying there is nothing preventing this in the rules.

Step one is reveal your order marker, but if you couldn't take a turn that step would just be skipped, like the rest of the turn.

We have indeed established, correctly, that you cannot take a turn with a dead card. We have not established that you cannot place order markers (thus "wasting" them) on a dead card if you foolishly choose to do so. There is a distinct difference.