View Single Post
Old August 13th, 2021, 12:45 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
If Deathchasers weren't at all considered then to review Feral Swog for now. Unintentional synergy, especially bonding, is very hard for the SoV to test. I don't think he would be a problem for Deathchasers, since as you mention they already have MBS and Nerak as very solid options at the exact same price point, but he casts a very wide synergy web at the moment and I'd like to see a little more time spent reigning that in, or testing the various interactions if you want to keep the Chaser synergy. I played Hybrid Arrows/Deathchasers as my army for the Online Con Championship so that's why I personally have concern, these hybrid builds do need to be tested. I hope to see a renomination soon, but I think it needs a little more time in the oven.
Quoting because I have essentially the same thought process. I'd like to see more consideration given to this synergy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
Another easy and thematic way to limit the dc synergy would be to make beast training also change the swogs personality if there is an orc in your army.
I would downvote that for being just too overdesigned. If you want to nix the synergy just change the personality. Orcs are wild, doesn't mean Swogs need to be when they don't have a rider.

To be clear, I don't really hate the possibility of the triple bonding here, especially since each army would play so differently. I'm usually against this kind of "everyone gets to bond" design, but here it feels like you'd actually get different and fun gameplay depending on what you're using.

My other big count against the design is being an uncommon when the swog rider is common. Yes, I've seen the picture and that this mini is a little bigger than the swog rider's swog, but it's really not much bigger at all (more dynamic, for sure) and you're trying to say that a slight increase in muscle mass discounts the full orc for the swog rider. It's a discrepancy that I don't personally like.

to review the Feral Swog. I hope to see it come back, though.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19