View Single Post
Old October 22nd, 2019, 01:19 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Seishin Samuari
I love where this design has ended up. Don't let people dissuade you about the potential power of Wave of Fear; the fact that it has high potential is a selling point, imo. Anyone who does manage to do a big turn with them not only deserves kudos, but their opponent deserves what they get for letting them build up like that. My only concern is the free movement after spawning. It seems to me a valid strategy would be to run away with them after spawning in an attempt to protect them and build up a horde. I doubt it would be an effective strategy, but something to test for.
From my games with them, it's definitely a lot harder to set up a huge Wave of Fear than it looks. I do want to test out larger amounts of Seishin before submission, though, just to cover all bases.

As for the free movement after spawning, that is actually probably one of the best changes in terms of making them more fun to play. It's possible to run them away instead of engaging the enemy, but typically that gives up your positioning and the 4 move hits harder when you do want to activate them. Engaging enemies, on the other hand, protects your other Samurai and provides immediate value.

That said, I could see someone trying to build up an armada of Seishin Samurai as a back-up force if they have enough points to spare. I'll look into it--if it proves to be the best way to play them, then I'll probably drop the defense to 3 to encourage using them more aggressively instead of trying to save all of them as a second army.