View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2018, 04:29 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: DFW Draft Tournament 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Each Player needs to bring the following to the event:
  • Six Hero Figures and cards
  • Six squad figures and cards
  • A maximum of two common squads may be brought
This is really interesting. Just to make sure that I understood it correctly, each player brings a total of twelve Army cards to the event, with the caveat that any Common Squads can only be selected up to twice.

Say that I bring two Unique Squads and two of a single Common Squad. Can I use my two remaining squad slots to bring another Common Squad, or do I have to use Unique Squads at that point, since I have brought two Common Squads already? Could I bring three different sets of two Common Squads to fill in my six slots?

Also, are there any limitations on Common Heroes?

And for the drafting process, is each player limited specifically to the 12 Army Cards that they brought (plus any terrain specific commons), or do they draft from a combined pool of both theirs and their opponent's cards?

Quote:
Additional Details:
1. Each map will include terrain specific commons that stay with the map through out the day and will be in the draft pool for each match. (I.E. If Highways & Dieways is used, it would include TWO Dumutef Guards since 2 Road sets are used on that map.)
This is just determined by the expansion sets used in a map, right? So if a map used one Volcarren Wasteland and one Thaelenk Tundra, only one of each Common Squad will be available to draft.

If a map doesn't use any expansion sets, will it still have some unique commons (such as Marro Drudges for SotM maps), or will every map just use at least one expansion set?

Quote:
2. Marvel is not allowed.
3. CUC/SOV/C3G units are allowed (if deathreavers are brought, the CUC card must be brought)
My life is complete!

In all honesty, I'm really happy that we'll have a larger pool to choose from. Do all C3V/SoV units need to be rebased on official HeroScape bases (for the purposes of ladders and whatnot), or is it fine if only the double-based figures are rebased?

Also, I assume that by C3G, you meant C3V, since Marvel isn't allowed?

Anyway, I'm definitely in for the tournament. I'll let the others know the details and make sure that they can come. I'm anticipating at least six more people to accompany me, including @Leo Ultra and @Angi .

EDIT: I already got confirmation from one guest that they'll be able to make it, so we're up to two so far.

Last edited by Astroking112; February 18th, 2018 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Got confirmation from a friend that they'll be coming.