View Single Post
Old March 18th, 2017, 05:43 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Ant-Man (Scott Lang)

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Okay, so that's two more Heroes in favour of Thief and opposed to Adventurer, for reasons I happen to agree with. Unless anyone else jumps in, I'm planning to go ahead with Thief. For those who'd like Scott to work with the Fan 4, then it sounds like there's definite room for a more Future Foundation based version of the character down the line, but, as johnny confirmed, that really isn't this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
In general very happy with this design though! As I have been for a while. My only real criticism is that "Tricky" is kind of a broad personality for him, so I'll brainstorm a bit on alternatives.
Tricky is kind of broad, and it would be interesting to hear alternatives, but honestly, if Tricky's okay for Spider-Man, then I'm not really feeling the need to get fancy or reinvent the wheel here.
Not sure what you meant by "two more Heroes in favour of Thief". There were 3 heroes and a Sidekick that expressed concerns 1 Hero strongly for and 1 Hero fine with Thief.

Though I don't believe any of us were strongly against thief. I just started this off by asking for an effort to be put into finding an alternative. I feel I have been heard and I feel we have explored the options. Think about it now I don't think his low cost will matter one way or the other so in this case I have no issue continuing forward with Thief. But these are the kind of things I think about and it's better to raise an alarm early and have it end up being premature rather than waiting until we are several test into the design.

Thanks for humoring me.
Yeah, the 'more' was most likely a bad choice of words on my part. I was posting that in response to Yodaking and johnny's support for that direction.
No problem, I'm glad you raised the alarm when you did - you're right, whatever direction we decided to take it, it was helpful to have that conversation before the design went any further. Now we can continue knowing that we've explored that direction and have worked out what we want to do rather than his class having been decided almost by default.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================