View Single Post
Old October 1st, 2018, 10:16 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
The idea that the missiles hit one target, then swivel and hit another target accurately... A huge reach IMO.
I call bs. It's got two giant missile pods. No reason each one couldn't shoot at a different target.
I call BS on your BS.

The force of the rockets firing off, you'd have to set the MERCH up in a way to brace for it. For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. The MERCH would have to brace to shoot in one direction, I don't think it can brace to fire in two different directions with the forces the missiles would generate.

My opinion, but that is how I see it.
Missile launcher weapons don't necessarily need to have recoil. A gun has recoil because the force the gun pushes on the bullet is the same as the bullet pushes on the gun. For a missile, the primary forces are between the missile and its exhaust, not the launcher.

Additionally, missiles can adjust their trajectory mid-flight so even two fired on the same initial path can hit different targets.