View Single Post
Old March 14th, 2024, 08:42 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: The New York City Gang Of Four

We had two fun games yesterday.

In the first one Sherman Davies and I were against Kolakoski, who was playing 2 armies. He looked good to win at the start, and played really well, but later on we turned it around and won. The person working two armies had more to do of course, but had perfect coordination between his armies.

In the second game, I took my army again and the absent Taeblewalker's, and lost against the other guys. It looked pretty one sided against me, but I managed to move forward and get in some good attacks against them, so when I lost I was satisfied that I'd acquitted myself well. Neither of my armies had any shooters at all, while there were many opposing me, including K.'s with very long range!

Army construction included various reactions to a wintery map with thick snow and slippery ice that covered almost all of the map except the two Start Zones--Mt. Thaelin's Saddle v2 by Nomad, as posted upsthread. This battlefield also featured many Glacier Mountains of all the different sizes. But My Dzu Teh couldn't be shot atfrom range, and my Phantom Knights had good defense against range.

Kolakoski fielded two armies, which is our usual procedure when we have an odd number of players. I was interested in Taeblewalker's army which he'd posted to me. So I took two armies in the second game including both mine and his, so K. wouldn't have to run two in both games. I'd played Talingul, which I happen to have the correct figure for, using two Iron Golems, but not with Ice Elementals. Luckily, I have three of them as needed.

Our individual solutions to the Arctic map were mostly a combination of winter terrain type Characters and Fliers. There were also besides K.'s four customs he's been preparing for submission to the SOV Commitee, his previously accepted design for them being Kha, who was also used.

The armies we used were:

Kolakoski's Armies
(* = New Customs Being Playtested)

Main Playtest Army
Ravenwolf* 125
Wyvern 100
Rieka The Wolf * 95
Kha 75
Komura* 75
Nottingham Brigand x2 70
Elaria The Pale 60
600 Points, 9 Spaces

Age Of Annihilation Army
(** = Using New Renegade AOA Wave 1 Cards Where Just Revealed)
Bok Bur Na** 125
Cpatain Xue* 115
Raelin The Kyrie Warrior (Utgar)** 100
Dorrim The Bulkhead Brawler** 100
Loviatak The Kyrie Warrior** 80
Dreadnoughts of New Tortuga** 80
600 Points, 10 Spaces

Chas Army
Dzu Teh x2 150
Ice Troll x2
Taelord 180
Phantom Knights 70
570, 12 Spaces

Taeblewalker Army
Talingul 100
Greater Ice Elemental x3 390
Iron Golem 100
Isamu 10
600, 10 Spaces

Sherman Davies Army
Atlaga 90
Protectors of Ullar x3 330
Cyprien Esenwein 150
Guilty McCreach 30
600 Points, 12 Spaces

My new procedure for our games in the light of the newly revealed Renegade Wave 1 AOA Cards (just made available for Preorder) is to use the updated Official cards in place of the ones Anitar or I had made up, which we had been using previously. Since only those revealed in Wave 1 are now available in hand written form with our proxies, only some of the AOA designs were updated. Completely new cards were revealed for those not shown in the old Haslab offering that did not fund. these included updated versions of the Swarm of the Marro Heroes and for the new Kyrie Warriors, as noted above if used.

I've now made up handwritten cards either new or modified in according to Wave 1, and have them here for playing future games. I'll do the same for Wave 2, especially since for now none of us are buying (preordering) the new stuff.

Last edited by chas; March 16th, 2024 at 06:34 AM.