View Single Post
Old June 29th, 2012, 12:27 AM

screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Elaria the Pale

I'm curious with her Slippery 6, it plays differently than the "Vanishing/Disappearing" powers of Isamu and Ninjas of the Northern Winds. She can only use it once per turn and only against a squad figure. But I need some clarifications on a few things.

The first concerns on the sequence of how it is implemented. For that, consider this scenario...

- The way I play squadies is, move each piece to position, then, if possible, attack one-by-one. Or should it be move-attack with one figure then proceed to next figure?
- Let us assume that the first squad figure ends it's movement adjacent to Elaria, would the sequence be,

move1, slippery 6, move2, move3... attack1, attack2, attack3? or
move1, move2, move3, slippery 6... attack1, attack2, attack3?

Where the number after "move" represents each of unfriendly squadie figure. Due to the fact that Elaria can only use Slippery 6 once, the sequence of each movement can be vital for her survival.

The second concerns with dealing with movement or placement assisted or resulted by the use of special powers. Examples:

For the sake of simplicity, assume figures are squad figure and unfriendly to Elaria.
- Jotun throws a figure adjacent to Elaria.
- Figure Knockback adjacent to Elaria by Shurrak.
- A Marro Divider placed adjacent to Elaria via the Cell Divide power.
- Elaria is adjacent to a friendly figure "zombified" by Zomebie Rise Again.
- A Marro Warrior placed adjacent to Elaria via Water Clone.
- Figure placed adjacent to Elaria via Theracus Bomb.
- Rechet of Bogdan summoned adjacent to Elaria.
- Elven figure summoned adjacent to Elaria by Emiroon.
- Figure moved adjacent to Elaria by Drow Chainfighter's Chain Grab.
- Figure dropped adjacent to Elaria by Wyvern's Talon Grab.
- Wolves of Badru ends up adjacent to Elaria after a successful Pounce Special Attack. Technically, the wolf had already ended it's move before doing Pounce.

Last edited by screwDriver; June 29th, 2012 at 12:32 AM.