View Single Post
Old May 7th, 2011, 11:27 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of the Zombie Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Looks great, Dok! I can't wait to use him at my next HS event that I run for the Brooklyn group.
And I can't wait to hear the report! I know you guys are into scenario design, and I think the ZH lends itself to scenarios very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil beagle 111 View Post
If you want to give the zombies a cavalry type figure to supplement the regular zombies and (very nice, may I add) hulk, you might be interested in the ""zombie gravehound" miniature. if ogres can get zombified, why not dogs?.
Dogs already can be zombified. Big ones (like Marrden Hounds and Dünd) can turn into Zombie Hulks, and little ones (like Wolves of Badru or Anubian Wolves) can turn into regular ol' zombies. Heroscape is, of course, pretty loose with the appearance of these zombified figures. If you want to use a Gravehound mini in the place of the Zombie Hulk mini if you use "Zombie Rises Again" on Dünd, you have my permission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
In playtesting I liked having two. I thought that was the sweet spot.
I agree. Zombiesx4/ZHx2 is a decent way to spend 360 and leaves room for some support. On maps with spread-out startzones, I often put a Zombie Hulk on each end, which made it more difficult for the opposing army to neutralize both at once.

Zombie Hulks work well as counterdrafts against armies that have lots of large figures that are relatively easy to zombify (many Orc armies; hounds/Deathstalkers/Templar Cav/Groks, Death Knights with Dumutefs). They can also be good against armies that rely on powers that only work on small/medium figures (Braxas, Grimnak, TKN), especially if you also use Raelin to help the ZH last against the opposing big.

In general, though, they usually don't have quite as much impact as just more Zombies. I would probably give them a high "B" as a power ranking.