View Single Post
Old October 17th, 2017, 12:37 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth
Re: MechScape - mac122

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
For Pulse Lasers, here is the text from the MechWarrior Special Equipment Card
Quote:
PULSE (optional) Once per turn, when this unit resolves a successful ranged combat attack against a single opposing target figure, make a second ranged combat attack against that target, which gets +2 to its defense value against the second attack. If this unit is a ’Mech, it gains 1 heat after resolving the second attack in addition to any other heat generated by the order. The second attack does not cost an order.
So, I'm thinking something like this may be more appropriate, subbing damage for heat.

PULSE LASERS
If this unit inflicts damage with this attack, you may place one damage marker on this card and attack the same opponent one additional time.

Since heat would be vent-able and the damage is permanent (at least until repair vehicles are added), I am going to leave off the increase to the opponent's defense.
Didn't do a full-blown test, but ran a short skirmish to test out the newer version of Pulse Lasers. Two things popped up that made me rethink the power. First, I just didn't care for the auto-damage. It's replacing a heat increase. Heat can cause trouble, but it can also be vented. So instead of automatic damage, I a going with a 50-50 chance of damage. Second, the power got a little wonky when the Mech using it could target more than one unit. After re-reading the original MechWarrior Pulse power, I saw that you had to limit the attack to a single target. So, all that being said, here is the version of Pulse Lasers I will be using:

PULSE LASERS
If this unit targets and inflicts damage on a single opposing unit, it may attack that unit one additional time. Add 2 to the opposing unit's defense for the second attack. After the second attack, roll 1 attack die. A skull rolled counts as 1 damage against this unit.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031