View Single Post
Old February 17th, 2013, 04:31 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of the Hoplitron

Nice work, greygnarl!

The base the Hoplitron comes on is exactly the same width as a D3 base, but it is not quite as tall. If you think the ~1mm height difference is going to make a difference, or if you find the all-black base off-putting, then go ahead and re-base the figure. Personally I just play them on their stock base.

Here's an answer to the common question for these guys:
Q: Can Shield Push 13 be used to move a figure onto a higher level, or onto heavy snow or slippery ice?
A: No.
Like Movement Bonding, Cover Fire, or Gain High Ground, you must count out the one space of movement. Since heavy snow and slippery ice require 2 movement, you cannot shield push a figure onto those spaces. Similarly, you cannot push a figure to a higher level.
And a related question while we're at it (although nobody has asked it):
Q: Can Shield Push 13 be used to move a figure on to or off of a ladder, or up or down a ladder?
A: Yes.
If it only takes 1 movement point, you can do it with Shield Push.
I'll get to a power ranking at some point. At the moment my guess is either B or B-. Probably a low B. They are strong, but 2 activations per OM can be a killer for a melee figure. They need a better bonding hero...