View Single Post
Old November 10th, 2010, 09:24 PM
Founder of Democracy

TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: C3V Public Announcements Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemaster View Post
Can you help me understand this whole "Inner Sanctum" and "Secret Design Threads?" Why do you feel it necessary to hide the inner-happenings of the designing, if this is intended as a community project? What is wrong with making the forums available to ALL, but only post-able by a few?
Because there will still be PM's & random inflamatory comments in other threads about this or that decision made. Also if everybody sees the unit being made there is no cause to celebrate it when it's released. A bit like the public designs of the C3G, no splash when any of them are released.

Cheers
To prevent inflammatory comments, a "design discussion thread" could be run alongside it.
To retain the "celebration" factor, perhaps you could reveal them when you're partially done (say, 3/4)? Even if revealed just a week before voting for inclusion, you'll be able to see the community's input which could influence your decisions.

Founders, take all the time you need. The longer you take, the more likely you'll have a better system.

I am not trying to rehash the same discussion. I am presenting my ideas. (which were never mentioned in the other thread)

Last edited by TurtleKing99; November 10th, 2010 at 09:37 PM.