Thread: Marro Cavalry
View Single Post
Old May 11th, 2008, 04:31 PM

Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker
Re: Marro Cavalry

I'm buying two only. First, that's the minimum squads of commons that is fun to play with (more turns, etc.). Second, there are already too many units to choose from and so much diversity that it makes less and less sense to play commons X 3+. It made more sense in the first waves, but much less now (primarily given all the diversity and potential army versatility). Third, with the expected bonding and movement, I doubt those squads will be worth less than 100 each (the fact that they are cavalry implies that they will be fast). The fact that they come alone in one set may also imply that they are worth 100 or more. It would not make sense to make it a squad worth 50 and most scapers would end up buying up to 4 squads.

Since it is preferable and more fun to mix things up with range, you'll need space in your armies to play with those and have sufficient range (just think of Sir Dupuis + 2X templars = 390!). I'm set dead on not to get more than 2X commons that are worth or very likely to be worth 100 or more. The ones that make the most sense are < 100 squads. Anyway, I pre-ordered three sets of wolves and soldiers because I liked the wolves stats. and power and because they are worth less than 100 and I'm also very excited about the Red Coats. I don't know their powers and cost but they come with the wolves.

By the way, the Red Coats bayonets might indicate some sort of melee enhancement (sort of like Agent Carr given his large sword).

I don't care about choosing my army based on strategy. I choose an army based on coolness and personal appeal... even if it means that my units will die trying. Hail to the glory of HeroScape and bravery.

Last edited by Hero Hot Hatch; May 11th, 2008 at 04:45 PM.