View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2016, 03:45 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
It seems that Vector is a fairly hefty investment for a figure that can be torn apart by squads.

To get the most out of him you need to invest Half an order marker and 25 points of Gnids to load him up. Then you need to attack a hero at least 2 times in melee combat before he is destroyed (and remember if the hero is destroyed the Gnids are not used). After three attacks of 3 (easy for any ranged Squad) he is going to take an average of 3.62 wounds. Even with 7 move, there is a good chance there will be at least one un-answered attack.

I don't really see the option of loading him up anywhere but the start zone, since once in battle he is not going to last very long.

As for the figure, Uncommon means you are likely picking up some Heroclix figures for repainting. I'm fairly loose as far as marro go, but this version lacks the skeletal features most Marro have. Oddly enough if they ever made a Heroclix version of Abomination from the Movie it would look a lot more marro-ish.

I really like the idea of a diseased unit however and see lot of potential.
In play testing, I regularly disengaged 3-4 times to get to a Hero I wanted to place a Gnid on. He is a very kamikaze unit. Put a few wounds on a hero unit, pass the Gnid, and he would usually die. If he didn't die it was a great distraction while my other units moved up.

I loved taking one squad of Gnids and two Vectors. Turn marker one always was a squad of Gnids loading up both Vectors. I would never take more than two Vectors in an Army. I always used my painted Abomination and then used an original one. Then it was easy to distinguish the difference without even using stickers.

Last edited by Tiranx; October 13th, 2016 at 05:21 PM.