View Single Post
Old February 7th, 2018, 08:28 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyvalentine View Post
I'm with you on this @keglo . I played on the larger board this weekend with 4 players and we needed an 8x4 playing surface to accommodate the board and everyone's player boards and pieces. The larger hexes were very nice, but I won't be able to make use of the bigger board on my own table at home and still have room for player items. I also don't anticipate ever going above 5 players. Definitely worth it if you can use it, but it's not a must have for me.

I did just get the metal coins (the standard set for now) and am very pleased. Besides being amazing for use in Scythe, I plan on using them in other games that use cardboard coins, which is quite a few.

I played with the airship expansion this weekend too for the first time, and it must have been the ability combo we drew (movement of 2/only carry resources and airship can trade resources to bring units into combat), but the airships were a complete non-factor. I believe everyone moved their airship one time, but after that they were an afterthought. I'm sure the abilities you draw really change things up each game, and I do like the idea that it will be a different experience each time and also that the ending conditions can change, but I haven't fully absorbed the base game yet and will take my time on adding more to it. Adding the two new factions is fine with me. I've played with both and enjoyed them both, and while different in terms of set-up and the tokens they use, they seem to fit in well with the base game.

Glad you've been enjoying it, and I've also been enjoying the renewed Scythe conversation here. I want to give the solo game a try soon. Read the rules and will need to familiarize myself more with the movement/neighborhoods. I also checked out the ScytheKick app and want to buy the upgrade to help run the Automa, though I may give it a go on my own first so I understand how it's done.
Yeah, I was thinking that the already thinking that the metal coins might also work for Five Tribes but I'm thinking that I might need at least two sets for that to work. I'm not sure I can spend 45 bucks on metal coins.

I do plan on getting The Wind Gambit at some point, but I certainly do not feel rushed to do so. I am just learning the game and the factions so I have plenty to keep me occupied for quite some time.

I too have been reading the rules for playing with Automa and am looking forward to trying it out. It is tough though when you are just learning the regular rules and trying to also comprehend the Automa rules.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.