View Single Post
Old August 24th, 2010, 05:48 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!
Re: 6 NEW CUSTOM FIGS - Help Tweak & Cost

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnutt99 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
XEVANA the DISPLACER
Spoiler Alert!

Points look good here, too. She'd be good to use to try to pull your heroes out of engagement, but otherwise I don't see too many OMs going on her.
I think you're still missing her power. The idea is to move Drow figures, (already adjacent to her), 4 spaces AWAY. Unlike Emirroon who pulls Elves adjacent to him, Xevana can potentially place her comrades atop castle walls, on height, adjacent to an approaching baddie / ranged unit, etc. The question is, is the d20 roll-scale too much of a gamble to be worth the points?
I'll get it right eventually. The D20 numbers look good for 50 points

Quote:
Quote:
DEVON THUNDERTUSK
Spoiler Alert!

I like that he brings a Special Attack to the Dwarves, but with only 2 dice it's a little toothless. I definitely wouldn't spend more on this guy than Mogrimm. Maybe 110, putting him even with Migol, would be better.
Ok. Fair enough. I was thinking something similar, (with regards to the SA). How about altering the Hog Wild SA to an attack of 3, and specifying that he must be unengaged at the start of the turn to be able to use it? 130?
3 Attack significantly increases its chances of being effective and would increase his value. I don't think that it needs the "must start unengaged" limitation, but if you want to include it I don't think that it would hurt him much.

Quote:
Quote:
VIPERIAN SPITTING SLUG
Quote:
Quote:
Spoiler Alert!
Quote:
Quote:
Spoiler Alert!

Without playtesting this guy will be hard to price, since he has the potentially very powerful ability to attack before moving, combined with range (Run away! Run away! ). 130 looks like a good place to start, though.

Just to clarify, is he only allowed to attack once before moving and once after moving? Or can he opt to attack twice then move, or move then attack twice?
He may attack once before moving and once after moving. My only concern is that with such a limited range of 4, the pre-move attack may be wasted more often than not. To keep the price at 130, I'm thinking about boosting the range and defense to 5. (?)
I think that if you start increasing his Range or Move by much his price is going to start to jump pretty quickly. His biggest strength isn't his ability to attack twice, imo, but his ability to attack then retreat. This will be very rough on melee units.

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)

Last edited by Killometer; August 24th, 2010 at 05:52 PM. Reason: more unsolvable quote block weirdness