View Single Post
Old July 13th, 2022, 02:58 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth
Re: Wargrounds of Scape (WoS) - discussion thread

I'm a little late on Forest Fire (was out of town), but I'll add my thoughts on it as well:

I like the look and most of the play on Forest Fire, but I agree with what my colleagues have said about canyons and limited movement forward. Beyond that, a few well-placed Reavers (often with height as well) can really tie up critical paths. The roads felt unnecessarily hard to navigate. The edges of the map also felt challenging, with many one space access points (again, easily tied up and blocked).

The start zones felt off balance, with most armies pulling left (there are some exceptions that liked the ruins). The lava splitting the start zone felt unnecessary.

This is a strong map with great lateral movement and LOS blockers. I would have voted NAY, but I hope we see it again.

--

Turmoil is an excellent map with meaningful cover, pathing, and mobile play. I have found all parts of the map in play in most games. This map has the opposite issue from Forest Fire has, with forward motion boosted but lateral motion quite difficult. Cover, shadow, and relative height, though, allows an army enough protection to move into play. Fortunately the glyphs, while hard to reach laterally, are quite low and easily contestable (perhaps a bit too much as Flash_19 mentioned), but I am prefer glyphs changing hands with some frequency.

I vote YES to induct Turmoil.