View Single Post
Old September 16th, 2007, 04:05 PM
Admin & Site Supporter

mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyknight
Alright guys, I had a few questions about tghis. i asked the Guru if he wanted me to ask these in private and he said post them here. i am not trying to be a stick in the mud but I did have a couple of concerns.
It's cool man! We knew this was coming.

Quote:
First, with five glyphs on the board at once does this kind of make it seem like this is going to turn to SquadScape real quick. Just by default you have to have alot of figs.
A fair point. We could lower it 3. But also see my comment below on the map setups.

Quote:
Second, With a thirty minute game it behooves people with the glyphs to slow down even more than in the hour games. I hate this tactic but I have seen it done. Is there a way to use like a one minute time clock or something that you at least have to be moved by...not neccesarrily finished with attacks but at least somewhat committed. A time clock is not the greatest answer I know, but how do we prevent it??
We talked about stalling from the beginning. There will be a general courtesy rule about turn-taking, with stricter guidelines if necessary. The NE group has shown exemplary behavior in the past tourneys, and I think will show it again here as well. I think everyone up here can agree we've had casual and courteous fun so far. Another option would be to have a round tracker at each map, though that makes it harder to control the length of each battle. And don't forget respecting time can earn you bonus victory points with sportsmanship awards.

Quote:
And last but not least, these are meant to be fast games but I think I have an idea of what may be coming. I could be wrong. I would think a mass of figs that can not only take glyphs but also take them back after your attack would be one of the best armies. You would be hard pressed to kill off Reavers quick enough in a half hour with the rate they slow down a game. Also everytime you kill one with that high defense another one moves in. Will this become the Reaver Tourney????
When I told the Guru about this the first thing he said was, "Dude, I'm thinking Reavers." While Reavers are capable of trying to take Glyphs, there are certainly units faster than them, and Reavers are in a poor position to take Glyphs away from the enemy. Also, because armies aren't required to "kill 'em all" the need to even attack enemy Reavers drops. The maps for this tournament will also restrict this kind of play as well. I don't want to get into the maps too much yet, but they will encourage a certain level of diversity.

Quote:
I apologize for being the first voice on this....in all accounts it does not matter, I am coming to have fun no matter what. I am not trying to be mean in the least about this. Just some thoughts I had on the subject.
No worries. This is a different setup, and while everyone comes for fun, they want a fair chance at winning too!