View Single Post
Old August 19th, 2012, 03:35 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: GenCon 2012 Results

pickle4192's Main Event army was a straight 4thx6 build.

I also had Isamu in my heat of battle army (and he actually killed Sgt. Drake in my last game, which is the most Isamu has ever done for me.)

I have to tell the story of the finals in Monster Mash between the Elder brothers. Nicktheant and Mr. Migraine each had a full life Fen Hydra on one of the hills of Jotun's Gap, and neither wanted to come down. Nick ended up making what was the only real play: come down on OM3 and hope for a switch. He got it and took Mitchell's Hydra down in one turn to take the title.

Second place in Heroes only was Ryan H (a friend of Scytale's). He had a great Surfer-killer army: Thanos, Spider-Man, Marcu, Isamu. I had the only other Thanos army (Thanos + Black Wyrmling x6 + Isamu) but unfortunately we had the semi-mirror match in the first round. I did kill both Surfer armies I faced, thus ending my lifetime 0-fer streak against the Surfer.

When I had to leave to catch a flight, it looked like Deroche/Necroblade were on a collision course with lonewolf/ScaperDude in the finals of the team tournament. Both teams are running Pkx4/4thx3+SamBrown. (EDIT: looks like sixth and sixth's dad derailed the mirror match.) I was running dividersx6 alongside El Diabolo's Zelrig/Marro Warriors, but Zelrig pretty much crapped out for us in the first two games, so we went 1-2.