View Single Post
Old December 30th, 2014, 10:20 AM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Knockback Optional Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Actually, this is incorrect. From the Knockback Rulebook: "Ignore all special terrain rules except when it would wound or destroy a figure" - so a figure being knocked back would not be stopped by water, and would not for example, have to halve its movement over heavy snow or slippery ice. Molten lava, I'm not sure - I know that if they stopped there they'd have to roll for lava damage, but could they get thrown over it? I don't know, but water definitely does not have that effect.
This is how I've always interpreted it, and for the same reason you state. As for molten lava, I treat it like water (it doesn't stop movement), but you do roll for molten lava damage for each molten lava tile that you enter. Thematically, I think of it as skipping across/through the water doesn't hurt you, but doing the same in molten lava does. I've always thought this was fairly unambiguous, given the wording "Ignore all special terrain rules except when it would wound or destroy a figure". But now that people seem confused by it, I find myself wondering what the original intent actually was.