View Single Post
Old January 25th, 2010, 11:59 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The C3G Release Party! - It's On! :-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Migraine View Post
While we're on the subject, there is an inconsistency with the "less dice" vs. "fewer dice," wording. Count Vertigo's special mentions "fewer," which is grammatically incorrect but is the Heroscape standard, while Green Arrow used "less."

It's not a large issue at all, but anybody can use an extra copy editor or two.
The problem here is that even the official ones aren't consistent as "less" is also used officially. Without looking too hard I can say Hulk & Spider-man both use the word "less". We were trying to hold ourselves to the highest standard though & wanted as much consistency as possible but obviously we missed this one. It's bound to happen when you are (as much as possible) basing the powers off the official ones, you get caught up in the wording on one card & not realise we used the other official wording for another card.

Hope you enjoy the end result anyway.

Cheers
I feel like a total idiot. Switch "fewer" and "less" in my sentence and that is what I meant. I will enjoy the end result for sure.

I guess I should be asleep right now.

Last edited by Mr Migraine; January 26th, 2010 at 12:06 AM. Reason: wow. Another typo in this. Bedtime = now.