View Single Post
Old April 13th, 2021, 07:03 AM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

A limited move would probably be the best way to go about this. The initial reason I set one was to make her make her usable in a lot of armies, but the slower the figure the more useful it is to them (although maps also play a part). It could mean it's a bigger buff to slow units, whilst being weaker but still usable to faster ones.

In regards to scenarios in casual play, the amount of set up required to get her and other figures to a spot you want to fly to or over is already greater then just using a flying unit like Cyprien, dragons, and since we talking casual, the Marvel characters. Alternatively, as you mentioned, teleporters, Sgt. Drake, Theracus, Airborne Elite, Retchets. Plenty of figures already break this, and I imagine plenty of other figures break different scenarios as well.

And as it is anyway, in a lot of cases you may be better off using someone like Theracus anyway. With 3-4 move you have to spend turns moving your figures and Valtia together, or rush a unit ahead to get into position that they can be picked off. Theracus on the other hand, can cover that ground much quicker for a lot cheaper. Granted, you do this flight on non-Valtia turns.

A possible alternative could be a Marker system for her. Say she starts with 3 or 4, regains one at the end of every round, and each time a single figure uses the flight, you remove a marker. It'd drastically limit it's viability on squads whilst also being stronger on heroes. One squad would burn through most, if not all, of the markers, and definitely so with a bonding squad. At this point I'd be tempted to remove the move limit, but Krav Maga could still be a concern. I don't know the consensus on marker powers but this could help limit how powerful it is. Or maybe even an "X" OM reveal, or just a once per round clause. I like the marker idea a bit more just so it's stronger on heroes.

In her current state, she's not been too strong and hasn't dominated games even at 80 points. I'm certainly up for increasing her points and/or maybe lowering her life if it helps balancing her. Ideally I'd like to keep her at 80 since that lines up with so many classic Kyrie, but I'm also aware her aura is also very strong so this likely won't be the case, and that many other Kyrie are also not 80.

I'm glad she's coming across a lot stronger as a classic Kyrie with this design though, that's been a goal of mine since my last feedback and it's great to hear that is the case! Really appreciating all this feedback so thanks everyone!