View Single Post
Old November 5th, 2013, 03:13 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Cookie Cutter Army Discussion and Tiers (+D1 & GC '10)

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
I don't really care about the C3V/SoV units and I know I'm not the only one. They are not canon. They are not official. They are customs. Well-designed and tested, they may be, but I will never accept them as anywhere on par with official releases.

If you feel differently, start a new thread. I don't think they should be incorporated into this one, though.
I'm sorry, B.I.V., but I actually went that route, creating a C3V/SoV Competitive Armies thread in the Customs forum, for example, but those threads have been largely ignored, in favor of posting C3V/SoV armies in their respective Classic forums. If the same layout as Classic were to be set up for C3V/SoV, you might have a point. As it is, I suspect this is just a matter of convenience. Of course, you not the only one who feels as you do (this issues has been discussed ad infinitum in other threads), but, given the recent increase in C3V/SoV-related posting in the forums, and the natural inference of C3V/SoC's general acceptance, I could just as easily say

"I really care about the C3V/SoV units and I know I'm not the only one. They are not canon. They are not official. They are customs. But so well-designed and tested, that they are on par with official releases, and are treated like "official" units by TDs and casual gamers alike, all across the country.

If you feel differently, start a new thread. I think they should be incorporated into this one, though."

and I hope someday to say

"I really care about Delta/Delta+ and I know I'm not the only one. It is not canon. It is not official. But so well-designed and tested, that it is on par with the official system, and is treated like the "official" system by TDs and casual gamers alike, all across the country.

If you feel differently, start a new thread. I think Delta/Delta+ should be incorporated into this one, though."

Didn't an important spiritual leader say something about rules being created for the people rather than the people for the rules. In this case, I believe there is a sizable minority (at least) that accepts the "Classic" forum being expanded to include C3V/SoV, and distinguishes that from any random custom maker posting his s%^& up in here.

Not a bad idea by the way, if I do say so myself, but would a recreation of the Classic Forum for C3V/SoV, and Delta/Delta+ (now or down the road), be worth the effort?

Last edited by kolakoski; March 12th, 2014 at 01:24 PM.