View Single Post
Old July 27th, 2011, 12:03 AM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Cartographer's Toolbox - Creating Competitive Heroscape

Yeah, scenarios are sort of their own beast, although I suppose there's a fine line between scenarios and tournament formats like Monster Mash. I think any time you introduce new rules or abilities that affect the way the map plays, then normal conventions have the possibility of being superseded by the scenario, and you may be able to get away with certain things that wouldn't work on a map using standard rules.

That's one of the reasons I haven't done any maps for comic 'scape for a long time. I don't feel like I have a good grasp of the metagame now with all of the customs stuff going on. I don't feel like I can intuit a map in that world like I can in classic.

Having said that, I'll be interested to see your take on how I'm defining narrative. This one's going to be the hardest to convey, I think.