View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2007, 07:35 AM

TheRealQ has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMex
You know, much as I want to, I just haven't been able to get these guys to work for me. They inevitably go down real early and end up being a waste of points and order markers. That, and they slow Deathwalker 9000 down to get the Range Enhancement. Maybe I'm just doing something wrong
The problem might be in moving them or in keeping them together. I have two uses for the ZG.

The first one is I use them as a last line with DW9000. They will simply stay put next to DW9000 and sit and wait for the enemy to come to them. With their 9 range they should be able to weaken the enemy enough that DW9000 can finish them off.

The second is to use them for crossfire. They have a significant amount of defense and are capable at standing alone. March one to the left and one to the right, both seeking high points.(yet, do keep them within 13 spaces of one another...most of the time) At height they can stand individually as 7range, 3attack, 8defense units. If someone stumbles into range of both of them you can mercilessly hit him with a 3 then 4 attack at range.

Other than at height these guys can set up a crossfire while standing on glyphs. This is a lot of fun; specially if you can get bonuses to defense, attack, and/or range.

Early on the ZG were a hard pick as Drake with his Thorian Speed and massive 6 attack ate their lunch but with fewer and fewer people playing Drake (due to the excess of ranged Special Attacks) they are finally becoming more viable.