View Single Post
Old December 15th, 2016, 01:13 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: The C3G Cave - Hangout

I was clearing out my PM box and came across this exchange with Griffin. It really made me feel nostalgic and reflect on my journey with C3G.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by Griffin
Hey T-Spinny,

Would you be offended if I drafted Conan? I feel like your design ideas are circling around the character but not really nailing it, and I am afraid that there is enough interest in him that you will likely end up designing him if I don't draft him. I firmly believe that if you were in the sanctum (something I hope to see one day), we would be able to do some great things with Conan, but in the public, I am sure that the many cooks will drive him in directions that are not desirable.

I don't want to offend you at all, so if you say "Griff, I want to do this" I will back off and just assist you from the sidelines, but I really would rather see him designed from the sanctum.

Your friend,
Griff

Originally Posted by Tornado
Quote:

I think it goes without saying, I must have first dibs on playtesting Conan. I am hoping you have something designed by late July so I can use my birthday card to get a sneak peek at your design.

I appreciate your sentiments about my future induction into the sanctum but I hold no delusions of my abilities. I was hesitant to join C3G, for going in I had zero experience in customs and really had little interest. Though I have always been intrigued by C3G. Looking through my bookmarks I see that the main C3G links post is one of my first bookmarks behind Gary Lasq's site. Honesty I would be happy to make it to Sidekick and I am a long ways from that point.

Conan has been a great learning experience for me in the world of customs. My first design got very little chatter. I tried again and you destroyed it, shooting down every aspect except oddly enough enough you never mentioned stats. Then Margloth made his suggestions. I was hesitant (I wanted Conan to be my design) but after playtesting it I really liked his version. Then you destroyed that design, including the stats. So I took one more shot and was feeling like I was starting to hone in on the design. Then you graciously stepped in to relieve me of this burden.

Custom creation is a process that must be executed in order to ensure the best designs.

I love Robert E. Howard and I am extremely happy to see his most beloved hero entering the Inner Sanctum. By Crom, make ReH proud.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really miss you @Griffin

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey