View Single Post
Old April 29th, 2011, 08:32 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Re: Help Calculating Odds for an Alternative Combat System

I don't know how to do it with math, but the probability is basically just figuring out how many of each possible combination of die rolls would be a success out of the total possible combinations. Your total combinations will be 240 (20 x 12). The easiest way to do it without figuring out the actual mathematic "short cut" would be to go into a spreadsheet and start with 1-20, twelve times each in the first column, then 1-12 repeating for each 1, 2, etc in the second column. The third column could then have a 1 for each instance where the attack wins, the fourth column has a 1 for each instance where the defense wins. Then sum the third and fourth columns and divide by 240. I'm sure there are easier ways to do it, but I don't know them.