View Single Post
Old September 25th, 2019, 12:25 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: SOV/C3V Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
As for announced minis "stalling," it's been a problem in the past. I am aware that there are some long-announced minis that have not been released yet, and that's distressing. To our fans, of course, but also to us.

But (off the top of my head) I don't think we have any announced mini currently in the Sanctum that is, as of this moment, actually stalled. Our internal gears are functioning right now more cleanly than I ever remember them turning before.

I am aware that, from the outside, it may look like we have stalling units and/or people on the voting rolls who no longer belong there. To the best of my knowledge, neither of those is actually true, to the extent that my opinion as an insider might have value. I would, however, say that both have been true at times in the past, and I certainly acknowledge that both present serious challenges to the continued vitality of the project.

But we've somehow kept the train moving, this whole time, and I feel like we're in a pretty good place right now. Others are free to disagree, of course. Just my 2c.
But perception matters as much as reality. The project looks dead, it feels dead, and the people who can't see the internal gears only have words.
Oh, sure. This is absolutely true. I wasn't aware that we looked dead, though. I mean, I *thought* we do stuff with community engagement, and occasional releases.

But you've objected that it tends to be insular, and that's a fair objection. Just as I don't spend much time poking around the non-VC customs threads, a person who isn't often poking at our edges would not see much activity from the outside.

I certainly agree with you in principle, though. That looking like a dead project is not good for the image of the project. We are not simply nailed to the perch, of course, but you aren't on the inside.

It is my goal that our productivity rate will increase, and there's no reason why it shouldn't.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =