View Single Post
Old July 5th, 2009, 02:31 PM

Uhurugu is surprisingly tart
Re: ARM - Anti-range movement

You know, one of the most potent anti-range forces may be rats. Not rats with more powerful friends, just rats, as the core of the army. I was just looking at the thread on Deathreavers as an army, and it seems to me that the mechanical pests might have what it takes. I don't have that much personal experience with the rats, but I have used the Nagrubs to great effect before (they've eaten Deathwalkers, Jorhdawn, Emirroon, a bunch of other Elves, countless squaddies, and even Cyprien, once). Look at their pros and cons:

Life: They are dirt cheap at 10 points each, and thus can take many, many attacks before the opponent earns back his point's worth.

Move: They often get first strike, have disengage, and can call in buddies when shot at. They will, as so many of us have experienced, utterly swamp undefended range.

Range: Necessarily Melee

Attack: Pathetic. Several people in the other thread suggested bringing Taelord and Finn with them, which boosts their attack. On a map with glyphs, however, the rats don't need any boosters at all.

Defense: Ridiculous. They each have four defense and are easily concealable. They are obnoxiously hard to kill.

Most of this just recaps what everyone already knows, and a pure rat army will never win with the current start zones, but I am intrigued to see what rats + Tae would do to range. I'll try to play a game with them (after I get done with waves one and nine). On paper, the rats look pretty nice.