View Single Post
Old October 20th, 2021, 12:23 AM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Workshop

@Splash , looks like you fixed Invisible Man! Looks great to me. I do think he shouldn't be able to return to his original team, however. Once per game might be the way to go.
I also prefer his betrayal being directly related to the state of the League, not tied to Mina.

I don't think Mina should have the Fearless personality. Originally in my pre-thread chats with Splash, I thought she would, but then I read back on why I thought that, and changed my mind to brave.
She has many fears, and talks of them often and openly. Her ability to not let them get the best of her is what makes her Brave.

Dupin, being a detective, gets along with her quite well, and seems to perfectly understand her. Here's his farewell to her, with a brief mention of Dracula, and where he refers to her as Brave:
Spoiler Alert!

One of the most important sequences in the book when Hyde tries to sort out his feelings of her. He suggests that she doesn't fear him.
She corrects him, she fears him very much.
He figures that her fear is different, and that she doesn't hate him, because she's dealt with worse.
She confirms.
Spoiler Alert!
She makes a similar remark relating to Griffin's attack on her:
Spoiler Alert!
"Oh, I've lived through worse."

Previously I showed that she wrote Dracula still comes to her in her dreams. She mentions this in-panel here, that a bad dream would be preferable to what she currently has:
Spoiler Alert!
One interesting bit is when she and the League were trying to stop Les Hommes Mystérieux. She describes her encounter with Fantômas.
She writes, "Fantômas, I think, had me more frightened than I'd been of my Romanian Count..." and she goes on to explain why.
Spoiler Alert!

Fantômas is "The Lord of Terror." Not sure if Fantômas is technically an actual lord the way that Dracula is referred to as both Count and Lord, but if we ever get to Les Hommes Mystérieux, I'd be fine with Fantômas being a Lord.

Which brings me to my point, that maybe the best way to interpret her experience with Dracula would be a play on Battle Hardened:
Quote:
"I'VE LIVED THROUGH WORSE"
If there is at least 1 Wound Marker on this card, the most wounds Mina Murray can receive from an attack is one, unless the attacking figure is an Undead Lord.
This will give her some survivability, and represent why a Music Teacher is the one to take on masterminds, terrorists, eldritch horror, antichrists, etc. With her Life of 4, maybe it would be better to just have it be "The most wounds Mina Murray can receive from an attack is one, unless the attacking figure is an Undead Lord."

EDIT: originally had left out the word Undead to give Fantômas some interaction, but even if she fears Fatomas, Dracula has power over her that Fantômas does not. I'd even be fine if it specifically called out Dracula.

And besides, Fantômas can be a Mastermind or Terrorist or something. Or he can be a lord with a flexible species, since a big part of him is that he's a master of disguise, no one can agree on what his appearance is, and he scares Mina because Fantômas, unlike Dracula, was never Human, and always a "thing." Though to be fair, she might very well be using the word Human figuratively.

Last edited by toyhandle; October 20th, 2021 at 06:50 PM.