View Single Post
Old December 29th, 2010, 12:53 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
This might've been part of what dok was just trying to say, but I feel like with USB, the Deathwalker is a much more important part of the army than it is of say, 9K + Trons, or 8K + other range + Rats.

If you're bitten by a Deathwalker roll and you have USB, it's true that you don't lose full activations. However, you lose a critical piece of your army, and I think that weighs more than a lost turn or two
Yes, that's what I was trying to say here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
...it becomes even more crucial when your other attacking figures aren't independent of the Deathwalker. The loss of the Deathwalker is generally a greater blow to an army like DW8k+ZIx3 than it would be to, say DW8k+TSAx3, even if the latter army loses a turn.
You said it more clearly, though, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
(unless your army has multiple bonding options, which is possible and probably likely).
As I briefly mentioned in the nominating post, I have not found the double-hero army to be the most successful. Deathwalkers are expensive - two Deathwalkers and Zettian Infantry doesn't leave you many points for other support.