Re: Wisconsin Monthly Tournaments NEXT EVENT 12/3/22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cor7770 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Hail Wisconsin players!

If any of you played on Mome Raths, I'd love to know how it played for you.

For example, I'm wondering, did any of you take your army straight up the (lowland) middle, or did you go up the (higher) sides instead? And did the glyphs see much action in your games, or did most fighting happen in the middle?

Thanks!

The map played great! I was playing wyverns and spiders and I went up the middle with most of my army. Even though it was lower ground the shadow made it competitive to be there. It was interesting because my opponent that match stuck to the sides that game, so seeing how that map can play in two different ways made it a lot of fun to play on!
@Cor7770 , thanks for the feedback! That's really helpful!

I'm very glad to hear that the combined shadow and jungle bonuses made it worthwhile for your army to charge up the middle, despite it being low ground. I was worried it wouldn't be enough, so am relieved it was.

I'm curious.... your opponent who stuck to the sides: was s/he playing some ranged units?

The person that I was playing that match was using sentinels and Concan, and they ran to the higher ground and tried to pinch my wvyerns and spiders in the lower ground. The shadow and jungle though helped keep them alive and I was able to slowly pick the sentinels off. They did have me-burq-sa as well and ran him quickly to that height and started shooting down on me.