View Single Post
Old April 15th, 2021, 09:06 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Middle of No-Where Customs (4/6/21... WULFING updates!)

Odd as it is to say, my favorite rendition of this unit remains the original version. These other ones have weird swarming designs that feel out of place for what should probably be a shark/assassin unit. This is probably to make up for the lack of Hunter Bonding after Dok's recommendation against it in the SoV chat. But y'know, maybe... he's... wrong? I can't agree that the pool of Hunters is nearly as messy as the Relentless heroes one, and it could probably be easily tightened by limiting it to Large Hunters the way the Death Chasers do. That only eliminates Van Nessing and the Shadow Hound.

Overall I think this unit might've been workshopped to death. A camel is a horse made by committee. There's so many different ideas and powers here; maybe you should look back at what originally made you want to make this unit in the first place. Take the original powers and tighten 'em up. If the Dwarves' Strategic Bonding doesn't feel right then maybe you could borrow from the Mohican's War Cry instead. If Silent Stalkers is too strong then maybe make enemies have to be within 2-3 spaces instead of engaged. And so on and so forth. The previous design was very close to being approved for testing—I wouldn't dismiss all of it away so quickly. Somewhere in the ether there is an SoV-approved version of this card that still aligns with your creative vision.

~TAF,

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT