View Single Post
Old January 22nd, 2020, 12:41 PM
"like" happy

TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Hope you're feeling better Trex.

I sold most of my Scape stuff in December. I kept the figures that I could use for Frostgrave and Rangers of Shadow Deep, as well as the evergreen trees, jungle trees and bushes and castle pieces. I could have gotten more if I had pieced it out , but I sold basically 6 master sets, 2 Swarm I'd Marrow and a ton if expansion figures to a guy that has been on this site on occasion and lives near Chicago. He's a teacher in a rough neighborhood and uses Heroscape for an after school club for the kids to have something to do. So I gave him a good deal. I've gamed with him a couple times and he's a good dude.

I put that money into savings to add to some money I'm putting away for a down payment on another car for my daughters when they need another one. Currently they are sharing my old 2002 Trailblazer that has 193k miles on it. They are juniors now and hopefully it will last until they go to college. But eventually we'll have to get them a reliable vehicle or 2 down the road.
Thanks Hahma. I get sick quite often and quite easily because my Ulcerative Colitis keeps my immune system low. This last time I was in for typical cold/flu stuff they gave me a long lasting asthma medicine to replace my other one just while I was sick and it gave me some severe chest pains. My deductibe on my insurance is pretty high so I pay cash for the stuff I mentioned above. The hospital near me gives a considerable discount when you pay up front. I may keep some of the Heroscape units, but for what its worth, I have so many other miniatures from other games to fill in for different beasts and such for frostgrave. Im thinking of keeping C3G and HoSS around for any Scape itch we might have. In reality though, legion does a great job scratching the itch for star wars related battles for me for the most part. Any scape that will be played will probably be gridless. As far as scape terrain goes, Ill probably sell all of it because I have plenty of tabletop terrain and will be able to make a few more pieces if I clear out the scape terrain. Im going to cut my collection down to solo/coop games, and a few VS games. I still have a few years before Ill be helping my daughter buy a car as she is only 8.