View Single Post
Old March 23rd, 2010, 06:25 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Re: BiggaBullfrog's Maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
I like the look of Sea Arch a lot. Since I'm at work and I can't DL it, I'll just ask..

Is the only reason RttFF is needed is the 5-hex bridge piece, or are the road tiles used under all of that high ground? I ask because it might make a nice map to use in my up-coming tourney (without the Gerda glyph on high ground - that scares me).
Yeah, there are more road tiles underneath (all eight single hexes and one double). I liked the idea, because then you could split a RttFF set to build this map, and another like Mole Hills (correct me if I'm wrong in the thought that it only requires trees).

The whole idea behind the defense glyph being where it is is to tempt people to be more likely to bother to get it, as there's even higher ground near it, and the glyph can be easily shot. However, I'll admit that's mostly theory; I haven't tested it a whole lot. If you play it, let me know how it goes, and I'll edit it accordingly (maybe throw in a tree by it).
You might be right. What I'm afraid of though is a quick ranged squad like the Krav running up there, claiming the glyph, and then blowing everything below them away before they have a chance to get up there. The AE could be pretty sick there, too.

Plus, in a tournament, I want to discourage slow play, so the Defense glyph is on my "I probably don't want this glyph in the pool", anyway. Also, this particular tournament needs just one central glyph since the glyph has a special ability. That one in the water will work nicely.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57