View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2013, 09:34 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth
Re: Soundwarp's Custom Cards 2.0 Update 1-21

Wow, thanks for taking the time to review all of my cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
I.J.D. Drones

I like the concept. I'd love to see pics of these little buggers on the battlefield alongside their Soulborg allies. Is the synergy with Eltahale intentional?
I'll have to take some pics of them on a map sometime. I do have one pic of them with Warden 816, they’re just on my plain photo background though.

Honestly I totally forgot about Eltahale being a Warden. I don't think they’re an overpowering combo, though they are a little weird thematically. I’d prefer to keep their bonding as general a possible though, helps to build up the ‘Guard/Warden’ cross factional theme.

Quote:
Obrex the Spirit King

Yikes. Terrifying guy to armies other than mass commons. High price tag to match though. It's an interesting way to make armies of Uniques viable. The more I think about it, the more I like the concept. How well does he play?
I haven’t had a chance to playtest him yet, but I think he should do pretty well with the right army. He would go best with unique squads I suppose, takes out some of the OM efficiency issues once the squads take casualties.

Quote:
Slaves of Sudema

Neat way of creating synergy. As a squad they are pretty crappy, but the boost is worthwhile (though I fear they are too slow to make it useable).
I might bump their move up to 5, so far in playtesting they haven’t done much of anything.

Quote:
So they need a d20 hero to make their points worth. I suspect a black wyrmling + mummies army would be their best, though they would need to shore up their weakness against large/huge somehow.
Something like

Black Wyrmling X6
Slaves of Sudema X3
Sudema

Might be a fun army to try, Sudema at least sort of serves a purpose there as a large/huge killer.

Quote:
Grim Resolve is a great power; I may steal that one sometime.
Feel free to steal away! I'm quite happy with Grim Resolve, it makes a nice cheaper alternative to the standard Tough set up.

Quote:
Hattori Hajime
Is the name a vague reference to the well-known historical figure Hattori Hanzo?
Yup. I'm pretty sure I took 'Hajime' from someone too, though I don't remember who exactly. Not really sure if the name is really a proper Japanese name, but I like how it looks.

Quote:
Naginata Strike is an interesting twist on Engagement Strike. I wonder how well he would play alongside Air Elementals.
Ouch, yeah that could be a nasty combo. I might have to test them to make sure it's not unbalanced against pure melee armies.

Quote:
Naginata Counterstrike seems a little odd to me, though. You give him Reach of a sort, but limit the height difference. The odd result is that he can't counterstrike figures attacking at range 1 from three levels down or three levels up, where Counter Strike normally would.
Hmm, that's not how it's supposed to work. The idea was to extend his reach 2 levels past his height and 2 levels lower than his base. I thought that’s how the wording works.

“If the attacking figure is within 2 clear line of sight spaces of Hattori Hajime, and its base is no more than 2 levels above Hattori's height or its height no more than 2 levels below Hattori's base,”

Or am I just totally off base here?

Quote:
Herok

As mentioned in my thread, your charge ability is similar to mine, though it's also quite different. One oddity with yours happens when Herok dies while charging, whether from falling damage, lava, or large/huge engagement strikes. Special powers disappear when the unit dies, so you would not roll for the figures he trampled through. Still, game not simulation; it works well and I can't think of any problems with it.
I didn't even think about him getting destroyed mid charge, but I can't really think of a good wording fix for it with out changing it to function like Trample Stomp. As you said game not a simulation, so it doesn’t really bother me too much.

Quote:
Charging Strike seems unnecessary; the unit is interesting enough with Trampling Charge. But it is flavorful and useful.
I more or less threw Charging Strike on last minute just so he would have something against large and huge figures. Though I do like how it self synergizes with Trampling Charge. I don't know, do you think I should remove it?

Quote:
Gra-Vro-Sa

A pretty good warlord for the Groks to pick. And actually a good warlord for the Romans to bond with too; GVS provides a useful (possibly) multi-attack ranged special attack. Cool mod too.
Thanks

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store