Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorgrim View Post
I have dund, and have yet to play him.

Dund-110
Stingers X4-240
Q10- 150

total-500

sound functional?
Yes, that sounds quite functional, but then again, Q10 + Stingers is functional even if you burn the 110 points. It doesn't sound like a particularly themed build around Dund that will knock anyone's socks off.

If you want to get some street cred for making an army around Dund, let's think about what he does well.

*He's a major intimidator. One of my favorite sayings from when I played chess frequently was that the threat of an attack was usually worse than the attack itself. That's certainly the case with Dund. Keep an order marker on him, keep your opponent guessing, make your opponent spread the order markers around.

*In order to be effective, you need to be able to move him. For this reason Agent Skahen at 120 points (if you have her) simply can't be beat. You've got to be able to get Dund out of harm's way (he's got a huge red target on himself) and get him where he can actually stare down the opponent (even if it's just a threat).

*You want to keep Dund alive, and at 5 defense, that won't be a major challenge, but it'll take some skill. Most importantly, you want some peons to engage the enemy and some range to take them out. Krav Agents gel really well with Dund, (no surprise there's at least one competitive build already in this thread that uses them) and so would Nakitas. Raelin at 80 is a valuable asset, but not absolutely necessary.

*Finally, I'd say you want to keep your army tight, so that the 5 range of the special and 6 move (or 4 under Skahen's cover fire) is more useful.

I guess I'm suggesting the following as a thought:
Dund - 110
Skahen - 120
Krav - 100
2x Rats - 80
Raelin - 80
Otonashi - 10

Is it competitive? Maybe. Probably not a tournament winner, but if you play it well, highlighting Dund's strengths, you might just surprise a few people and turn some heads.

I'm still not sold on the 2x Rats + Raelin, maybe there's a better use of 160 points to be had (some strong melee squads might be nice, for example), but this is completely off the top of my head, and I'm just trying to get everyone's creative juices flowing.