View Single Post
Old September 17th, 2021, 09:08 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: How do you design your maps?

I’ve been wanting to do a video about this for awhile now but haven’t gotten around to it. Typically I’ll start by looking at what terrain I’ve used recently and try to pick something different. Keep it fresh.

From there I can usually form some sort of vision for the map including my key “set piece”. The set piece is a key visual part of the map (see Trollsford Road), typically in the center where everything is built around that. I build out the SZs next to get an idea of spacing and then path the map from there.

EDIT: VirtualScape is actually a key post build tool for me. Once the map is built I can mess around with the structure of the map more efficiently and pop tiles out from the bottom to use them elsewhere. All done in VS as once I have the core pathing, switching around heights and stuff is usually pretty easily understood.

Last edited by Sheep; September 17th, 2021 at 09:29 PM.