View Single Post
Old March 24th, 2009, 05:16 PM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Nessie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
... and Garada's other entries to the world of Hellboy...

BPRD:
Abe Sapien
Hellboy
Johann Kraus
Liz Sherman
Lobster Johnson
Roger

VILLAINS
Brine Witch
Hecate
Rasputin
Hey, I appreciate you doing this! Unfortunately, due to me frequently updating the cards, some of the links are broken. But have no fear! Just go here:
Index of my HELLBOY for HEROSCAPE custom Army Cards
And you will find the most recent version of all of my Hellboy cards... soon to include the brand new Nessie card!

Speaking of which, I hope you don't mind if I add her to the Hellboy Universe. She just seems like she will fit in so well, especially since Hellboy has the Giant Killer power and there are currently no Huge figures in the series. Plus, thematically she just fits right in anyway. Add to that the fact that there are already several other Hellboy figures that have water-based abilities, and we have a winner!

Based on the Nessie research I just conducted [yes, I always do too much research before starting a new custom], I have a few minor changes to propose before I get going on her tonight.

1) I think instead of Sea Monster for species, a good alternative would be PLESIOSAUR. I just think it'll look and fit a little better on a Heroscape card, plus it is the most scientifically-sound theory on what Nessie might be if she actually exists... a divergently evolved plesiosaur.

2) Instead of Beast, I think MONSTER would be a better choice. Mainly because she's The Loch Ness Monster!
I know this cuts out a tiny bit of possible ClassicScape compatibility, but you still have the official Tricky for her personality [which is perfect]. One of my other customs, Frankenstein, is also a Monster, and I may do a future custom with some kind of Monster bonding.

I totally agree with you on using the 'Clix card for ability naming and ideas... I use them all the time [in addition to my library of nerdy reference books]. It's too bad that not all Clix came with a card.

Speaking of the powers on Nessie's card... do you not want Snack Bite to be Bite-Sized Snack [and have it only affect small and medium figures]? Or is the idea that she can take a nibble off of anyone and get some life back?

Man, I can't wait to get off work and go home... so I can get crackin' on Nessie! Making customs is to me what trimming banzai trees is to others.