View Single Post
Old November 23rd, 2015, 08:19 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Kang (II) - Breathing Period

I like the leftbox and stats.

I like the general ideas behind the powers. A few of them have some awkward mechanics that I'd like to see smoothed out. More on that in a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
A couple notable issues that have been brought up:
  • Some people have suggested putting a limit on how many figures can be chosen for Timstream Reinforcements. I'm not sure it's necessary, but I wouldn't be opposed to it.
  • I believe that the clause in One True Kang that allows Kang to be co-drafted with other Nathaniel Richards figures would, according to the FAQs in Iron Man Mk V's thread, allow you to draft this Kang with multiples of other Unique Nathaniel Richards figures. That could be avoided by making sure any other future Unique Nathaniel Richards figures have similar language, but I know TB's got an Iron Lad (Nathaniel Richards) in the works, so I wanted to mention it in here.
For the first bullet, I don't see any need to limit the figures. That said, it's notable that the power currently allows you to lose the game before it even gets started. If you have no figures you control on the battlefield at the start of the game, you'd lose the game before ever flipping an Order Marker.

Based on how the mechanics work, though, I believe the intent is that this Kang cannot be one of the figures placed on his card? If so, that needs to be clarified in the text.

The Orbital Assault Power text feeling the need to call out the Timestream Reinforcements power demonstrates the in-turn order awkwardness at play here. My suggestion would be to change the timing on the Orbital Assault to make it trigger at the end of the round.

One True Kang mentions the drafting stage, which occurs before the start of the game, so One True Kang should be the first power listed on the card.

The "enough wounds to be destroyed" trigger for One True Kang feels really unwieldy to me. I'd rather make it so you can trigger it anything Kang would receive one or more wounds.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.