View Single Post
Old June 27th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!
Re: Book of Morbius - Design Phase

Still am not a fan of this:

VAMPIRE MESMERISM
When rolling defense dice against an adjacent attack, if Morbius rolls at least 1 blank, ignore that attack and you may choose one figure adjacent to the attacking figure. The chosen figure receives one unblockable hit from the attacking figure.

I feel like this is neither Iconic nor a good power to have. While the mechanics of it are fine. This does not feel like a good representation of Morbius' Mesmerisation powers IMHO. He does not use this power, in the comics of him I own, to make someone take a hit for him, but rather to make them forget they ever saw him, or to rationalize it in a manner so that they will not ever repeat that which they have seen.

Also, I foresee this power as getting overlooked most of the time much like Superman's Heroic Duty, or Deadpool's Wisecrack, and overall just seems like an effort to put 4 powers on a card which I feel is great and thematic without it.